This has been on my to do list since 2012, it is the Neon Museum in Las Vegas. Yes I’m still harping on about Vegas because Vancouver has been so wet and cold that I have done absolutely nothing but work, eat and sleep.
So the Neon Museum is a must if you are visiting Las Vegas. It is an outdoor museum showcasing old signs from past (and some present) casinos and other businesses. It is a guided tour with a very informative tour guide. It was really interesting even with a stinking hangover. She seemed to know everything about all Las Vegas casinos and businesses. It was fascinating to hear about the history of this crazy place. I learnt all about who came up with the free drinks whilst gambling concept to how the signs have evolved over time.
You zig zag through a path of restored and preserved signs which are very photogenic. This place is perfect for Instagram worthy photos with its edgy vibes and colours. I’ve tried my best not to spam my Instagram with a million and one photos of this place. It would be an ideal photo shoot location which they have clocked on to. They are strict on photo taking, they are for personal use only unless you book an actual photo shoot (the booking form looks cray cray).
Top tips for future visits to the Neon Museum:
- Book online beforehand for $19 (day tour) or $25 (night tours)
- Travel via Uber as it is very north of the strip (not walking distance) and Uber is great!
- It is a guided tour so prepare to stand in the sun for about an hour or so (not ideal on a hangover)
- The lobby is pretty cool with an arty gift shop
- You can’t take tripods, selfie sticks or additional lenses with you on the regular tours
Enjoy my photos…